RFA Engineering (www.rfamec.com) is seeking a hydraulic system engineer to be part of our engineering team at our customer's facility in Brooklyn Park, MN. The selected candidate will work with our client's experienced engineering staff in the development of off-highway hydraulic systems. The candidate will work both as an individual contributor and as part of a project team. This opportunity represents a unique opportunity for candidates interested in working in a fast paced, team environment.
- Design of mobile hydraulic systems for off-highway equipment to meet performance, durability, and cost goals.
- Primary contributor in the selection of hydraulic components.
- Performs design calculations such as heat rejection, flow losses.
- Support ongoing test activities related to hydraulic systems.
- Work with supply management and suppliers and other cross functional team members.
- Use of CREO 2.0 CAD software and Team Center PDM software to support parametric modeling of hoses, tubes, and other hydraulic components
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering
- 3 years minimum of experience in hydraulics design
- Strong mechanical aptitude demonstrated through either previous work experience or hobbies.
- Ability to work on numerous tasks concurrently
- Strong problem solving skills, good mechanical aptitude, and good communication skills
- Experience with 3D parametric modeling CAD software. Experience with CREO 2.0 is a plus
- Experience with heavy equipment is a plus
- TeamCenter Engineering PDM software is a plus.
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers since 1943. Our primary focus is project based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located both at our Engineering Center in Minneapolis, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
Why work for RFA?
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Extra Time Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly