RFA Engineering (www.rfamec.com) is looking for a growth oriented candidate that wants to join our team at our customer's facility in Waterloo, IA. As a member of our team, the selected candidates will work with our engineering staff and our customer's staff to support the development of engines using state of the art engineering tools.
This is a full time position with a full benefit package listed below, that is indefinite in duration with the opportunity of professional growth, direct hire by our customer, and additional opportunities within our own organization.
- Responsible for the preparation of engine component designs and associated engineering in support of prototype engine testing.
- Responsible for assembly work instructions and related build support.
- Design concept and prototype cylinder heads, valve trains, intake and exhaust manifolds for advanced engine development work.
- Use independent engineering analysis and judgment in the execution of designs.
- Prepare CAD models appropriate for more detailed analysis as necessary (i.e. computational fluid dynamics (CFD), finite element analysis (FEA), conjugate heat transfer analysis (CHT), and multi body systems analysis (MBS))
- Collaborate with analysis experts as necessary to prepare, modify and update designs to meet functional requirements.
- Prepare for and hold design reviews of new prototype components and systems.
- Document all design activity with CAD models, design drawings, analysis results, and design review presentation materials.
- Provide information and visit prototype component suppliers as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering.
- Highly experienced in Creo / Pro-Engineer.
- Strong mechanical aptitude demonstrated through work experience or hobbies.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Extensive experience in the design of engine castings, cylinder heads, and the associated analysis used to validate the design of such parts.
- Previous experience with Windchill or PDMLink.
- Strong understanding of GD&T.
Why work for RFA?
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers since 1943. Our primary focus is project based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located both at our Engineering Center near Minneapolis, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Extra Time Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly