RFA Engineering (www.rfamec.com) is seeking candidates to be part of our engineering team at our customer's facility in East Moline, IL. Our customer's facility is a world-class engineering and manufacturing center.
This is a full time position with a full benefit package listed below, that is indefinite in duration with the opportunity of professional growth, direct hire by our customer, and additional opportunities within our own organization.
- The Facilities Maintenance Engineer role is responsible for the overall maintenance of the facility and grounds for Harvester Works and all associated supporting facilities to the factory operations.
- They support the Facilities Project Engineer, Facilities Business Unit Leader, and Operations as needed and will partner with the Senior Facilities Engineer and/or Facilities Business Unit Leader in the leadership, planning, organizing, and direction of the facility in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while maintaining the Units high expectations of Safety, Quality, Efficiency, and Delivery standards, and goals.
- Effective writing skills, including grammatical usage, persuasive copy and style.
- Understanding of employee policies, practices, procedures and work rules appropriate for the unit. Has a good understanding of the principles and can use the knowledge.
- Background in Engineering – has a good understanding of engineering principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Knowledge of process, product, and facilities design related to HVAC, Pluming, Docks, Fire Suppression Systems, Construction, Painting, Pest & Wildlife Control, Material Conveyance Equipment, Structural, Electrical Distribution, Grounds (Landscaping/Snow Removal), Office Layout Management, Access Control Security, etc.
- Knowledge of Life, Safety, Quality, and Environmental laws, regulations and goals – has a good understanding of engineering principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Knowledge of Computer Aided Design concepts.
- Skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools.
- Knowledge of drawing and schematic interpretation.
- Knowledge of total preventative maintenance and, facilities and manufacturing operations; Knowledge of standard quality tools such as FMEA (Failure Modes Effect Analysis), Root Cause Analysis, Statistics, etc.
- Skill in establishing and executing detailed project scopes, schedules, and budgets for facilities projects of small to medium scale.
- Experience working in a manufacturing facility.
- Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SAP.
- Experience in a leadership role, in a union environment.
- Demonstrated Team Leadership and mentoring experience.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work concurrently with other engineers in delivering new or modified processes.
- Ability to manage projects of large scope.
- Expertise in HVAC, Pluming, and/or Electrical Distribution.
Why work for RFA?
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers since 1943. Our primary focus is project based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located both at our Engineering Center near Minneapolis, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Extra Time Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly