RFA Engineering (www.rfamec.com) is seeking experienced candidates to be located at our customer's facility in Waterloo, Iowa.
You will be on a team of agricultural tractor and tractor/loader system experts providing technical support to dealerships and customers worldwide. Our team goal is to minimize customer downtime by assisting in the timely repair of a tractor in the field.
This is a full time position with a full benefit package listed below, that is indefinite in duration with the opportunity of professional growth, direct hire by our customer, and additional opportunities within our own organization.
- Communication – You will work directly with dealer technicians to fully understand a specific failure, gather relevant information and accurately document this for future investigation.
- Investigation – You will utilize team members, technical publications, engineering documentation, Engineering teams, and appropriate stakeholders to develop and communicate a repair recommendation.
- Resolution – You will analyze collected data and in functional team meetings assist to identify emerging issues, drive action, accountability, and resolution.
Day to Day Activities:
- Provide troubleshooting and repair direction directly to service technicians.
- Work individually and within a functional team to identify and communicate emerging issues.
- Collaborate with engineering and quality teams to determine root cause of field failures.
- Develop short-term corrective actions and support long-term problem resolution activities.
- Provide input for improvement to technical publications and training materials.
- Analyze data and support the development of telematics enabled proactive communications.
- Travel to the field when necessary to assist in troubleshooting and to gather failure data.
- Bachelor's in Engineering or Technology degree. 2 year technology degree would be considered.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with hydraulic systems, electrical/electronics, or diesel engine troubleshooting.
- Experience in dealership customer support specific to automotive, agricultural, or construction.
- Domestic travel up to 10%.
Why work for RFA?
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers since 1943. Our primary focus is project based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located both at our Engineering Center near Minneapolis, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Extra Time Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly