RFA Engineering (www.rfamec.com) is seeking growth oriented experienced candidates to be part of our engineering team at our customer's facility in Horicon, WI. As a member of our team, the selected candidate will work with our engineering staff and our customer's staff to support the production of off-road utility vehicles and lawn care equipment.
Our customer's facility is a world-class engineering and manufacturing center including full capability of machine design, simulation, prototyping manufacturing, and testing of entire vehicles. This is a full time position that is indefinite in duration with opportunity for growth within our organization, or direct hire by our customer.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of controls for EFI engines and Powertrain systems.
- Perform Software and Hardware validation.
- Troubleshoot issue on vehicles related to drivability, CAN bus and electrical/electronic components.
- Proactively communicate and manage product issues with suppliers.
- Perform logical thinking while creating test plans and tools.
- Be responsible for documentation including test procedures and issue reports.
- Proactively manage execution of test plans with laboratories.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, or Agricultural Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of Powertrain Engineering experience.
- Experience with embedded hardware, software or model based development.
- Experience with Powertrain engineering problem solving methods and tools, applying logical thinking.
- Experience with J1939 CAN bus and tools.
- Experience with engine controls and calibration systems.
- Experience in giving presentations, explaining complex engineering issues and breaking them down into action items.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well without close direction, in the office and in the field.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
- An advanced degree.
- Experience in the Ag, Turf, Recreational Vehicle, Automotive or Construction industry.
- Experience with eletronic controllers, wiring harnesses, sensors and acuators
- Experience with Vector CAN tools.
- Project management experience (e.g. certification).
- Experience with designing and developing complex control systems.
- Knowledge of internal combustion engines, emissions controls, calibrations and/or diagnostics. INCA tools preferred.
- Experience with Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC).
- Experience in Design for Six Sigma.
Why work for RFA?
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers since 1943. Our primary focus is project based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located both at our Engineering Center in Minneapolis, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Extra Time Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly