RFA Engineering (www.rfamec.com) is seeking multiple growth oriented entry level to experienced candidates to be part of our team at our customer's facility in Waterloo, Iowa.
As a member of the team, the selected candidates will work to provide 2nd level assistance by way of technical solutions and delivering problem resolution to customers worldwide for engine applications for all diesel and gas engines above 50 horsepower on a large variety of products.
This is a full time position with a full benefit package listed below, that is indefinite in duration with the opportunity of professional growth, direct hire by our customer, and additional opportunities within our own organization.
- 4 year Automotive Engineering Technology degree or similar. 2 year technology degree would be considered.
- Demonstrated experience with engine troubleshooting and after treatment understanding.
- Experience in an Automotive, Agricultural, or Construction equipment dealership is a plus.
- Experience helping customers.
- Domestic travel about 20%, after a few months of training.
- Enjoy talking to customers, problem solving, and taking responsibility for making decisions that have significant economic ramifications.
- The team goal is to minimize engine downtime when failures occur and to direct changes preventing failures from reoccurring.
- Communication – Work directly with dealer technicians to fully understand the failure and gather all relevant information.
- Investigation – Utilize technical publications, engineering documentation, and work directly with engineering teams to develop short-term engine repair recommendations.
- Resolution – Document findings and data to identify and track trends on emerging issues. Actively participate in creation of technical solutions that provide long-term problem resolution.
Day to Day Activities:
- Analyze engine hardware and engine performance data to identify failures
- Provide troubleshooting direction directly to engine technicians
- Travel to the field when necessary to assist in troubleshooting and to gather failure data
- Work directly with vehicle factories to solve engine integration issues
- Engage engineering and quality improvement teams to determine root cause of field failures
- Develop short-term corrective actions and provide input on long-term problem resolution
- Improve engine diagnostics by authoring technical solutions
- Provide input into engine technical publications and training materials
Why work for RFA?
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers since 1943. Our primary focus is project based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located both at our Engineering Center near Minneapolis, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Extra Time Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly