RFA Engineering (www.rfamec.com) is seeking a candidate to be part of our engineering team, working at our customers facility in Brooklyn Park, MN. The selected applicant will work with their experienced engineering staff to provide development, design and implementation of electrical systems on off-highway equipment.
Job duties may include:
- Plan, design and analyze electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Design and route electrical systems and sub-systems.
- Work with manufacturing and suppliers to develop the most efficient designs.
- Work with test department to validate new designs.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Support with the release of parts for production.
- Communicates information to and from internal and external customers.
- BSEE, BSME, BSMET, BSEET or related degree with 1 to 3 years of experience.
- A proven mechanical aptitude through employment, personal experience, or education, including machinery operation, maintenance, repair, metal fabrication, and other “hands on" experience.
- Candidates must have excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Experience with Pro-Engineer (Creo 2.0 or 3.0).
- Experience with Pro/Cabling.
- Experience with Routed System Designer (RSD) & Creo Schematics 2.0 or 3.0 is a plus.
- Previous design experience of off-road mobile equipment is a plus.
- Ability to understand and apply GD&T to drawings is a plus.
Why work for RFA?
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers since 1943. Our primary focus is project based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located both at our Engineering Center in Minneapolis, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Extra Time Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly