RFA Engineering (www.rfamec.com) is seeking a growth oriented design engineer to be part of our engineering team at our customer's facility in Tucson, AZ. The selected candidate will work with our client's experienced engineering team in the development of off-highway vehicle structures. The candidate will work both as an individual contributor and as part of a project team. The candidate will need to visit Decatur, IL early in this assignment to train with the existing team, and be near the product. This job represents a unique opportunity for candidates interested in working in a fast paced, team environment.
- Design of mobile structural systems for off-highway equipment.
- Candidate will be the primary contact for a particular vehicle, but will also help the team across the family of vehicles.
- Performs hand calculations for structural sizing, and have the ability to run Creo Simulate (or other) analysis software to verify design.
- Support ongoing test activities related to structures.
- Work with supply management and suppliers and other cross functional team members.
- Use of CREO 2.0 CAD software and Team Center PDM software to support parametric modeling.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering
- 3-5 years minimum of experience in structural design
- Strong mechanical aptitude demonstrated through either previous work experience or hobbies.
- Ability to work on numerous tasks concurrently
- Strong problem solving skills, good mechanical aptitude, and good communication skills
- Experience with 3D parametric modeling CAD software. Experience with CREO 2.0 is a must
- Experience and working knowledge of Creo Simulate or other finite element analysis software is a must.
- Experience with heavy equipment is a plus
- TeamCenter Engineering PDM software is a plus.
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers since 1943. Our primary focus is project based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located both at our Engineering Center in Minneapolis, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
Why work for RFA?
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Extra Time Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly